To maintain your certification(s), you must renew every two years. This means completing continuing education and other requirements that pertain to your particular certification, as well as submitting the proper documentations and fees to NRPP.
- Professionals and Specialists holding one certification must submit a total of 16 CEs biennially.
- Professionals holding dual certifications (Measurement Professional and Mitigation Specialist) must submit a total of 24 CEs biennially.
- Measurement Field Technicians must submit a total of 8 CEs biennially.
- Mitigation Installers must submit a total of 8 CEs biennially.
- Please note that CE courses may not be repeated.
CE credits must be obtain from approved continuing education programs (Category I), or a combination of educational programs, radon conference attendance, and radon public outreach efforts (Category II). Please note that no more than 8 Category II credits can be used within one renewal cycle; the balance must be Category I credits.
Once you have completed the required number of credits, and have all required device information and documentation (if renewing a Measurement Professional certification), you can sign into the NRPP Certification Portal and complete your requirements.
Certification Renewal Fees:
- Radon Measurement Professional (Standard Services): $220
- Radon Measurement Professional (Analytical Services): $295
- Radon Mitigation Specialist: $220
- Radon Measurement Field Technician: $195
- Radon Mitigation Installer $195
** If you are trying to renew your certification and your NRPP certification has lapsed more than 1 year but less than 2 years, completion of one of the following courses is required: (*PLEASE NOTE: If your certification(s) have been expired for MORE than 2 years, you will need to start the certification process over – please see How To Become Certified for more information).
Measurement Certification Re-Entry Courses
Classroom based C.E. for Measurement Certification
Web based C.E. for Measurement Certification
Home Study C.E. for Measurement Certification
Mitigation Certification Re-Entry Courses
Classroom based C.E. for Mitigation Certification
Web Based C.E. for Mitigation Certification
Home Study C.E. for Mitigation Certification
Category I Continuing Education Course List