To maintain your certification(s), you must renew every two years. This means completing continuing education and other requirements that pertain to your particular certification, as well as submitting the proper documentations and fees to NRPP.
- Professionals and Specialists holding one certification must submit a total of 12 CEs biennially
- Professionals holding dual certifications (Measurement Professional and Mitigation Specialist) must submit a total of 24 CEs biennially
- Measurement Field Technicians must submit a total of 8 Category I CEs biennially
- Mitigation Installers must submit a total of 8 Category I CEs biennially
- Soil Gas Mitigation Compliance Inspector must submit a total of 4 Category I CEs biennially
- CE courses being used for renewal must not be older than two years from the date of completion
- Please note that CE courses may not be repeated
CE credits for professionals and specialists must be obtained from approved continuing education programs (Category I), or a combination of educational programs, radon conference attendance, and radon public outreach efforts (Category II). Please note that no more than 4 Category II credits can be used within one renewal cycle; the balance must be Category I credits. Measurement Field Technicians and Mitigation installers may not use Category II credits for renewals.
Once you have completed the required number of credits, and have all required device information and documentation (if renewing a Measurement Professional certification), you can sign into the NRPP Certification Portal and complete your requirements.
Certification Renewal Fees:
- Radon Measurement Professional (Standard Services): $220
- Radon Measurement Professional (Analytical Services): $295
- Radon Mitigation Specialist: $220
- Radon Measurement Field Technician: $195
- Radon Mitigation Installer $195
- Soil Gas Mitigation Compliance Inspector $195
- PLEASE NOTE: In order for your renewal to be considered complete and certification to be active, payment must be made before midnight (12am EST) on the date of your expiration.
** PLEASE NOTE: If your NRPP certification has lapsed less than (2) years, you must complete the required Category I CE training for reinstatement (courses must be dated within 2 years of reinstatement). If your certification(s) have been expired for MORE than 2 years, you will need to start the certification process over – please see How To Become Certified for more information.
Category I Continuing Education Course List