Initial Steps for Each Certification:
- Take and pass the NRPP exam. To register for an exam, click here.
(To purchase exam study guides, please click here).
- After you receive your exam results email (2-3 business days after passing the exam), fill out an NRPP certification application request form.
- When applying for NRPP certification, you will need to submit a course completion certificate for an NRPP-approved entry-level training course.**
- If applying for Analytical Measurement certification, complete a device performance test and proof of calibration
**Course must have been completed within the last two years.
Once your application request form has been processed:
- You will receive an email with next steps including how to log in
- Log into the online portal and upload the required documents
- You will then receive notification of approval
- Make your certification payment
NRPP Certification Application Request Form
*Please wait at least 3 business days after passing your exam before submitting the application request form. Your exam scores must be received by NRPP before your application can be processed.
NOTE: please consult your state’s radon office to determine if your state has its own licensing program or other requirements before applying for NRPP certification.
Once you have submitted your application request, please allow up to 24 hours for the NRPP staff to process it. You will then receive an email with instructions on how to log into the NRPP online certification portal and begin uploading your requirements needed to complete your certification.
NRPP Exam Information:
- Exam Fee is $140.00 for any exam each time you take it.
- There is a $50 fee if you do not reschedule at least 24 hours in advance of your exam or if you are a no-show.
- Click here to register for an exam
- Exam prep study guides are available for purchase here
You will be required to complete the NRPP certification process before the following anniversary dates:
- NRPP-approved entry-level courses are valid for 2 years
- NRPP certification exam scores are valid for 1 year
Compliance with the ANSI-AARST Standards
The NRPP requires all certified individuals to conduct business in accordance with the applicable ANSI-AARST Standard (unless superseded by state regulation) and the quality assurance and quality control guidelines prescribed by the NRPP Certification Council. View and purchase ANSI-AARST Standards
For questions or assistance regarding the initial certification process, please email email@example.com.